Our HWC-1 PLC based counter comes in a bigger and less portable package than our EWC-6 but offering a lot more features and flexibility. This unit can work with our standard encoded sheave block or with our sheave blocks with optical encoder. We also offer the possibility of installing an encoder on our winches when purchased along the HWC-1. We can offer it mounted on our winches or in a stand alone enclosure, with or without batteries. One or several battery powered wireless remote displays can be added to display the count and other information in different locations (this units can also be wired and/or added to our joystick enclosures)
If ordered along one of our winches some additional control features are included: minimum and maximum payout safety limits, payout control (you can tell the winch how much cable you want to payout/payin), PC RS232 control, etc. Please, contact us for more information.
The HWC-1 wire counter function is an up/down wire counter with automatic direction control function and displays distance and speed. The electronics are mounted in a splash-resistant box. The length of cable out is displayed on line one of a two line LCD. The HWC-1 is used in combination with a magnetic encoded sheave block such as our SR and PS series blocks, by modifying your existing block or adding an encoder to our winches.
- Stand alone up/down cable measuring system
- Display of payout and payout speed
- RS-232 computer interface via included removable interface cable
- Automatic direction control function
- Works with magnetic encoded metering wheel such as PS06 counter sheave (4 decimeter circumference sheave pictured below), or S&R aluminum snatch block (e.g. 0.8 m circumference sheave). Larger blocks are also available.
- Housed in a watertight enclosure or on the winch main enclosure
- Standard block to counter cable length of 5 meters. Optional 15 meter cable available.
The calibration of the device can be changed using its interface. Due to this feature the device is compatible with sheave blocks of different diameters and number of counts (magnets) per revolution.
Suggested Uses: Oceanographic applications, geophysics, etc.