The DBW-5/6 is an affordable totally-enclosed winch design for light to medium duty oceanographic and geophysics research applications. Its sturdy bolt-together frame can easily accommodate the addition of many standard AGO winch add-ons, including a levelwind, drum ratchet, sprocket-assisted manual backup drive, and more.
The number in the model number refers only to the unit's general overall size:
- The DBW-5 is usually only for small applications with flange sizes up to 18.5" and motors up to 1 HP
- The DBW-6 is typically for applications like side scan sonar surveying that tend to require flange sizes up to 22" and motors up to 3HP.
A.G.O. will assess which variant is best suited to your application based on your application requirements.
The DBW-5/6 can be made as a manual winch with two- or three-speed gearboxes (with optional drill adapter for power driving with an electric or gas drill), or as a motorized winch. Available power sources at point-of-use dictate how powerful of a motor can be used for each application.
Motor options for different input power sources
|Winch input power
|12 to 48 VDC
||Up to 1HP DC motors
||Up to 1HP DC or AC motors
||Up to 2HP DC motors
||Up to 3HP AC motors
A.G.O. will assess your application loads and available power sources to determine an appropriate motor size for you.
- Standard frame dimensions: 23"W x 33"L x 22"H (may vary per application)
- Standard drum size: 12" face width x up to 18.5" flange diameter
- Nominal weight: 240lbs (may vary per application)
- Standard frame dimensions: 24"W x 45"L x 29"H (may vary per application)
- Standard drum size: 12" face width x up to 22" flange diameter
- Nominal weight: ~290lbs (may vary per application)
The DBW-5/6 comes with the following features and accessories:
- Powdered coated aluminum frame and drum, anodized aluminum and stainless steel accessories
- Manual disc brake and pin lock
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Manual backup hand crank
- Removable carrying handles
- Wooden shipping and storage box
The DBW-5/6 can be configured to include many standard AGO winch add-ons, including:
- Slip rings
- Sprocket-assisted manual backup drive
- Drum ratchet
- Top-mounted brake winch