The DBW-02/03 (number designation depends on overall size) is an affordable and highly configurable open-drum winch for light to medium duty oceanographic and geophysics research applications. Its sturdy bolt-together channel frame can easily accommodate the addition of many standard AGO winch add-ons, including a levelwind, drum ratchet, sprocket-assisted manual backup drive, and more.
Unlike the DBW-5, it is not an enclosed winch, but a drum enclosure can be added to meet safety requirements.
Oceanographic applications, e.g. small side scan sonar, water sampling, towed instrument sleds, environmental and pipeline monitoring, lightweight grab samplers, small capture nets, subsea video, CTD profiling.
Borehole operation applications.
The DBW-02/03 can be made as a motorized winch or as a manual winch with two- or three-speed gearboxes (with optional drill adapter for power driving with an electric or gas drill). Available power sources at point-of-use dictate how powerful of a motor can be used for each application.
Motor options for different input power sources:
|Winch input power
|12 to 48 VDC
||Up to 1HP DC motors
||Up to 1HP AC motors
||Up to 2HP DC motors
Up to 3HP AC motors
- Standard frame dimensions: 27"W x up to ~44"L x up to ~35" (will vary by application - L & H strongly dependent on drum and motor size)
- Standard drum size: 12" face width x up to 26" flange diameter
- Nominal weight: 360lbs (will vary by application)
The DBW-2/3 comes with the following standard features and accessories:
- Powder coated aluminum frame and drum
- Anodized aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic accessories
- Manual disc brake with pin lock
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Manual backup hand crank
- Removable carrying handles
- Wooden shipping and storage box
The DBW-2/3 can be configured to include many standard AGO winch add-ons, including:
- Slip rings
- Safety drum enclosure
- Drum ratchet
- Wired remote controller