The DBW is a winch designed for oceanographic and geophysics applications. This versatile model is capable of lifting and lowering small and medium instrument payloads. It is a compact unit that can be easily transported. Please, contact us for more information on load pull and line speed.
With a sturdy bolt together U aluminum frame and drum, the DBW winch is an economic approach to our winches due to its simplicity.
Small side scan sonar, water sampling, towed instrument sleds, environmental and pipe line monitoring, lightweight grab samplers, small capture nets, subsea video, CTD profiling.
Also applicable to borehole operations.
- 0.5 HP to 2 HP permanent magnet motor @ 90/180 VDC with regenerative drive controller powered from 110/220 VAC single phase (generator, inverter or ship's power)
- 0.125 HP to 2 HP permanent magnet motor @ 12/24/48 VDC with PWM drive controller powered from 12-48 VDC batteries
- 1.0 HP to 3.0 HP 3-phase AC motor and AC Vector Drive (VFD) controller, powered by 110 VAC or 230 VAC (single and 3-phase)
- Manual drive backup
*** When inquiring, please specify: cable diameter and length (cable specification sheet if possible), payload weight and type, operational conditions ***
- Frame dimensions are variable
- Broad selection of drum flanges and core diameters
- Weight depends on the options
- Powder coated aluminum frame
- Manual disc brake
- Manual hand crank backup with electric models
- Drum capacity dependant on drum selection
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Speed reducer: combination of worm gear and sprocket chain
- Other load capacities / line speeds available with sprocket changeover
- Level winch, electric or mechanic
- Drum Cage or Aluminum Enclsoure (see image in gallery)
- More (please, check left column for more options)
DBW winches include disc brakes and pin lock for control of the deployed cable, plus handles for transporting the winch. It also includes through frame channels for lifting straps. The DBW includes a drilled main shaft and drum allowing the addition of various slip ring models, including the AGO-SR08 and Hangzhou Prosper models sold by A.G.O.